Thursday, February 21, 2008

There are many facets to me, the deepest part of me I rarely have shared with people because sometimes it just hurts far too much. Now I am slowly breaking free of that pain. With my writing and my photography that has so been encouraged by my husband I am growing.



This following poem I wrote several years ago, slowly starting to realize who I am and what I needed to do. I am still growing.




Control

Sometimes I wonder who i really am
a mold, someone elses creation
where did the me go?
where did i loose control?

So many dreams let go the wayside
So much love lost
too much pain
too many tears.

Who is this lost person?
Finally trying to gain control,
Who am I
Is this time for me?

I did everything as I was told
Looked the way you wanted
became the "perfect" ideal
Talked the "perfect" talk

Looking the other way
when hurt
Closing my eyes, my heart
to all the pain.

Now I have to gain control
Find the lost me,
Build a new and stronger soul
Take my lfe back.

©Nora K. MacDonald 12-11-02

No comments: